I admit. It’s a hassle being a fashion blogger without a privileged pocket, especially when you’re practically obsessive compulsive over runway looks and trends. Okay, fine, not practically.
Anyway, if you are off somewhere fabulous this summer, and need a little bit of an upgrade, I have it all sorted for you. Spring Summer is here and brought a sea of new trends with it, I did you a solid and left one or two of them out but I assure you all the fabulous and affordable ones are here.
1. Laces were a big hit on the runways showing in more catwalks than not, So for my first recommendation I put this lace dress with the cotton candy pastel colors underneath, which were also shown at Louis Vuitton, Mulberry, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Givenchy etcetera. This dress seams very Louis Vuitton inspired and only $52, I absolutely adore it.
Laces as seen at: Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton, Giambatista Valli, Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana and more.
2. I see Scarf Prints everywhere I go now, or at least attempts at scarf print. A must have for this Spring Summer, a scarf print item! I highly recommend a shirt because you can alternate with pants, shorts, skirts and whatever your heart desires. It would be used more than a dress in my opinion and therefore one of my picks is this River Island Scarf print shirt for $30. I recently made my own from actual scarves and you can see it here.
As seen at: D&G
3. Spring Summer is all about the spirit of the 50′s and 60′s, so Crop Tops and Bustiers are something to invest in, and your abs too, of course. Personally I would opt for a flared 50′s style skirt, I am In love love love with Dolce and Gabbana’s Chilli Bustier and Skirt! Which brings me to my next pick.
As seen at: Nina Ricci, Proenza Schouler, Miu Miu, Preen, Prada, Emilio Pucci, Dolce&Gabbana.
4. Vegetable and Fruit Prints are my personal favorite this summer. I don’t know what it is? Probably the fact that its molto molto italiano, and makes me want to Mambo. Sophia Loren would be all over this trend. I am in love with this dress its very very Dolce & Gabbana and opposed to the $2,000 chilli Skirt and bustier, you can have the next best thing for $120.
5. Spring Summer is bringing Florals back! The shirt and the pants together might be a little intense for the more subtle souls, in which case I recommend you buy the pants, and not the shirt and pair them with basic color button up shirts, and the trend this season is to button them up to the neck to create a sleek look like at Céline, Aquilano.Rimondi and Dries Van Noten..
As seen at: Mary Katranzou, Christopher Kane, Dries Van Notten
6. Retro-America has been popping up all over the runways at Prada, Marc Jacobs and Victor & Rolf just to name a few. Prada’s Cadillac inspiration was my favorite and you can find Prada Inspired car prints at Primark for just under $10. Or you can Opt for a little more expensive car print dress for $125 here
Other trends include paisley prints, Gatsby inspired, Pajama Style Trouser Suits, Tribal prints, Shiny Jewel Colored fabrics, Peplums, and the color yellow!
Hope You’ve enjoyed this!